Monday, June 30, 2008

Ice Cream Flavor Update

Back in College, I was acting in White People, a theater experience, where audience members are ushered through a performance factory. One of my co-actors was Southey Blanton, also an avid ice cream eater. One break, we went across Franklin Street to Coldstone Creamery. Coldstone, is a gimmicky mix-in ice cream experience, where you pick you flavor(s) and mix-in(s) and they bang and mix the picks together on cold marble. There are other gimmicky chains out there like Marble Slab Creamery among others. If you haven't been to one yet, it's worth a first trip. After that, it gets expensive. 
Anyway, that trip we decided to get a Quart of Ice Cream, to store in our freezer, in order to get more ice cream for the money, and be able to have a treat during future breaks. Our famous two-spoons one quart phrase, became a running joke for the run of the show. The taste we decided, brought out the best of the holiday flavors, thus we feel our concoction is aptly named. I give you Jesus Christ Flavored Ice Cream.


Jesus Christ Flavored Ice Cream:
Ice Creams: Cake Batter, Cinnamon, Coffee, Peanut-Butter Chocolate
Mix-Ins: Raspberries, Kit-Kats, Reece's Peanut Butter Cup

Now why am I telling you this now. Recently I read, on page 30 of Everyday with Rachel Ray, June/July 08 edition, that Coldstone Creamery, will have 4 new flavors of Cake Batter Ice Cream. Carrot Cake Batter, Chocolate Cake Batter, Blueberry Muffin Batter, and Cinnamon Bun Batter. I was already excited when I read Carrot Cake Batter. Then I read the other three flavors and checked the date immediately (comes out tomorrow, July 1st). After a brief discussion with Southey, we will be revisiting the famous recipe and may even update it to include a new flavor. The one problem, Cinnamon is a seasonal flavor, so I may have to wait for both summer cake batter flavors and Winter Seasonal flavors to coincide. Until then, get out there and try some wacky flavors with crazy mix-ins and let me know what your favorite combos are. 

4 comments:

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

I am a huge Ice Cream fan - I am not a Cold Stone fan, I prefer Maggie Moo's. Same concept of mix in's and such - however their ice cream was so creamy and smooth no mix in required!! My favorite from there was Banana Pudding or Fresh Banana ice cream. If mix in's are needed you can always add nut and chocolate... Yum!!

Kirby! said...

Come on now, Andrew. I'm pretty sure we all know that Jesus Christ's favorite ice cream flavor was Chunky Monkey. Weren't you paying attention in Sunday school?

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I will have to check out Maggie Moo's. Sounds good.

Kirby, Jesus' favorite ice cream flavor is irrelevant, this would be what Jesus would taste like. Kinda like Christmas spirit all rolled up into one Quart.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Trust me if you try Maggie Moo's you will not be dissapointed.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs