Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Beach Rewind -Lobster Tail and Baked Vegetable Medley

Oh the beach, what a fantastic wonderful, salty, sandy food-filled fun vacation spot. I had a fantastic time and am already looking forward to the week at the beach next year. Although the beach trip was filled with delicious food opportunities, I didn't have a way to upload photos or blog while I was gone. So, I will present you now with my Beach Trip Rewind, where I will go backwards through my trip starting with my last night in North Carolina, post-beach. (I actually have a story to share about Air Tran and all its glory, but that will have to wait until I am ready). My girlfriend decided that with Lobster Tail being on sale at Harris Teeter, that they would make a fine start for a post-beach meal. After picking up two, we went home and she made this fantastic meal. She started by cutting up the vegetables from the farmer's market, Tomatoes, Onions, and Green Peppers, adding in some Harris Teeter vegetables, Squash and Brocolli, and then tossing them with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, and Basil, then placing them on aluminum foiled pan (greased). Then she baked them at 350 for I think about 20 minutes.
Once she got those started it was onto the Boiled Lobster Tail and Lemon Butter.
Bring water to boil, add Lobster Tails, cook 1 minute per ounce.
Add 3TBS of butter and 1 TBS of Lemon Juice together, and either heat slowly on stove or in microwave until melted.

Remove vegetables from oven.

Cut open Lobster Tail, and remove meat. Serve, with Lemon Butter for dipping.
Boy am I glad that my girlfriend can cook. It was a delicious meal, and was capped with a wonderful dessert. Which I will blog about next. Until then, get out to Harris Teeter, and eat up these lobster tails.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs