Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Title- Machos Tacos - Yogurtland B

I watched a Documentary over the weekend entitled My Kid Could Paint That. In an effort to prove that I can do what a 4 - year old can do, I re-worked my title for this blog. It did not take me 5 hours, just 8 minutes. One comment I have received regarding it: "That's not quite polished, like Marla's works were in the movie." Thanks Joe, Thanks. Nevertheless, let's talk about some food. Kirby and I recently ventured out to the taco stand, Machos Tacos.
She got two Chicken Tacos, and I got the Fish Burrito. As we ate in house we got complimentary chips and salsa. Please note, if you get the food to go, you don't get free chips. This is a new concept to me as back East every Mexican or Tex-Mex establishment gives you free chips and salsa. In the above picture you can clearly see each plate, in the below picture the Chicken Tacos are in focus but in the background and that big lump of blurry food is my Fish Burrito. Burritos, I have come to the conclusion, are hard to photograph. Not getting them in focus or making them show up. No, the hard part is photographing the insides without cutting them. All you are basically photographing is a flour tortilla. Not much variance from place to place. This could be a steak burrito, you will never know. If you will trust me though, it is in fact a Fish Burrito with guacamole, salsa, cheese, beans and rice. The tortilla is such a spotlight hog.

After a relaxing meal, we both came away refreshed and filled up. Occasionally, I have been a little put off by the crowd, or heat, or something or another from visiting Machos Tacos, but today, not at all. What a great visit. I really enjoyed the Fish Burrito and am now wondering why I haven't ordered it from there before. I haven't been a big fan of their beef or chicken in the past. From now on I will get fish or something vegetarian. $4.75 makes it a cheap meal.
Next stop for us was a return trip to Yogurtland!This batch included Peanut Butter and Cheesecake Swirled, Blueberry and Raspberry Swirled, Peach and Green Tea Swirled, and a little bit of Chocolate and Cookies and Cream. As for toppings, the stand bys in Butterfinger Shavings, Raspberries, Strawberries, Cookie Dough, and little Cheesecake bites. Yummy!


Machos Tacos
1670 N. Vermont Ave (cross-street Hollywood)
Los Angeles, CA 90027

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs