Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Phillysteak Tour- Street Cart, Philly, PA

On a return trip to Philly for another audition I decided to give another try at a phillysteak. Staying away from the commercial places that attract tourists I went with a guy sitting in a camping chair outside of his silver cart. A little slow in preparation, he actually had a customer (third in line) walk away cause he couldn't buy some chocolate chip cookies. However, his slowness can be attributed to the attentiveness he gives each customer. Sweet Peppers and red Onions can be grilled no mushrooms, no cheese sauce, american or provelone. White Bread but was a thick and hearty bread. Overall, I would rate it as an average phillysteak. Whether it be in Philly or not. I am starting to question why this place is known for a sandwich that they make pretty mediocre. It shouldn't be made better in Durham, NC but it is. Next time I get the hankering for a phillysteak I will hop on a JetBlue flight to RDU and drive down 40 to get me some phillysteak factory.

Currently #2 on Cheesesteak Tour

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs