Monday, October 20, 2008

Chili, Red Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Dill, Salad, and Smoothies!

I was talking to my girlfriend one evening. She mentioned that for dinner, she was planning on making Turkey Chili. That sounded good to me, so I got her recipe, went to the store, got some ingredients, then whipped up some Red Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Dill (per Joe's request), made some fruit smoothies, and toasted some lavash bread.

Turkey Chili, Lauren style:
Ground Turkey,
Tomato Paste
Tomato Sauce (I used one can, and one can of Indian Curry Simmer Sauce from Trader Joe's)
Spices
Tomatoes
Onions
GarlicRed Potato Salad with Sour Cream and Dill. Turned out to be one of the best parts of the meal. It truly complemented the overly cayenned chili.
I believe that I used a bunch of Strawberries. I don't remember the other ingredients.
Our friend, Derrick, threw together some Lettuce, Tomato and a light drizzle of some type of dressing for the salad.
The meal was fantastic, lots of food, balanced, soothing and comforting. Make up some Chili and enjoy in the fall or winter!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs